Aerial Photography and Visualisation for Built Heritage - PhD Portfolio by Kieran Baxter
Home Portfolio Showreel Publications Map Blog Contact

Friday 30 September 2011

New Kite & Camera Rig

Just purchased a new Fled kite- a sparred version of a sled. At 1.5 x 2 meters across the hope is that I'll no longer be frustrated by very light winds, a quick test demonstrated enormous lifting power. That's it below on the right.

Another recent addition to my KAP kit is a Brooxes Simplex rig, compatible with my Panasonic LX3. This is the first time I have bought a rig rather than built one. Although I found it very well made, with some ingenious features such as Kaphooks for attaching to the line, it is still heavier and more bulky than my own rig. When I have the time to develop handmade rigs is a lot of fun and perhaps worthwhile too.

The photograph below of Dundee's Law Monument was taken on the first flight of my LX3. Although until now I have used Canon Powershots, this camera's 25mm equivalent lens makes for very pleasing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment